Saturday, November 10, 2007

Take a Hike!!!

I took the girls on their very first real hike!!! We drove out about an hour and a half into the dessert to a real neat spot that we like to take our quads and it was wonderful weather, great scenery and all together a fabulous time! The girls loved every minute of it, picking up rocks and sticks and then becoming explorers as we went into some tunnels/caves and found bats, toads and lizards! Annie was just loving everything pointing at all kinds of stuff with big wide eyes! My parents and I took turns carrying her- Annie especially loved it when my dad put her on his shoulders, and at 6' 3 my dad made her feel pretty dang tall I'm sure! lol We had a great time and the girls all said they for sure want to go hiking again which I think Jack is pretty psyched about.

Me and my baby loving the outdoors!

Annie loved it the most I think because all she had to do was sit there and be carried along for the ride!!

The motley crew- minus me (taking the picture)

Hailey turned her pant legs into pockets to carry all her rocks and treasures she found along the way!
Taking a rest in the shade

A bat that we saw in the cave- it seriously had Hailey and Maicy freaked out of their minds, but surprisingly Kiley was fearless!

Mom taking her turn to carry the sack of potatoes!! lol

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Thats brave taking all those kids for a hike, but it looks like fun. Have fun at Disneyland. Give me a call if you need anything.