Several people have called me to check on Kristi, so I guess it's time to update the blog! I don't have any pictures yet, so I'll add those when I get some. We took Hermana Kleisler to the airport at 4:30 this morning. She only let us stay in line with her for a few minutes and then declared that she would only cry more if we stayed, so it was time for us to go. We met a couple of other families who had missionaries leaving at the same time- it was easy to pick us out! One of the elders was going to the San Antonio - Spanish Speaking mission too, so I was happy Kristi would have someone to hang out with and ride the shuttle to the MTC with. We watched her go through security and she was off!
Kristi called when she got to Salt Lake and her voice was just full of excitement. She had a great flight, was feeling good, and was raring to go. She had fun with the 3 elders that were on waiting for her flight and when she got on the plane she heard someone calling her name. She turned around to see Bishop and Sister Burton on the plane! They were heading to Idaho and were excited to see her as she began her journey. When she got to SLC, I recommended that she get some lunch since she may not get a chance to eat again until dinnertime. She stopped and got a pizza that she took down to baggage claim. The elders she was with all were bummed they hadn't thought of that! Kristi exclaimed "When you're a couple of years older, you think of these things!!" She seemed to be having fun being older than them (and letting them know about it)! So with that, she was off to collect her suitcases and get to the MTC. I'm not sure they'll know what hit 'em!! Good luck Hermana Kleisler! We sure do love you and we'll miss you like crazy, but oh, we're so proud!!
No comments:
Post a Comment