Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming

Hey Y'all!!!

I'd love to tell ya that this past week has been amazing and things have totally turned around, but truth is they haven't. I still haven't got my 2nd lesson yet. We had 5 total lessons taught for the entire week! That is some kind of bad! BUT on the up side we are still going! Man it seems that nothing can bring us down and I am realizing that I am tougher than I thought I was!!! So this week we had interviews with President Cutler. My first real interview with President- it was AWESOME!! That man is amazing! I was able to just talk to him- tell him everything that was on my mind and he listened and poured out great advice and constantly told me of his love for me. President Cutler is on the top of my list of some of the most awesomest (not a word I know) people in the world. So anyway during our interview we talked about the work here, he knows how bad our numbers are and everything and then also I told him about how we got pulled over by the cops the other night! Yup that's right, we got pulled over while riding our bikes!! I told President about how it really isn't safe for us to be riding our bikes all the time because we have to cross some major highways and to get to parts of our area we have to ride on the access roads and stuff. So ya he wasn't really aware of that situation. Sister Moran also told him of her concerns about the bikes. So then later this week I found out that this coming transfer President has to close a sister area and because we just told him how dangerous our area is for us, because we aren't having any success and also because a lot of the times they like to transfer greenies if they don't have a baptism in their first transfer. So ya Sister Moran and I have been worrying that we are going to be doubled out (both be transferred) and President will put Elders in our area. But then we had an ET (Emergency Transfer) go down here this week so we lost poor Elder Sloan and got an Elder who had to leave his area for some reason or another. SO anyway our new Elder had an interview with Pres yesterday and told him how we were worried that we were going to be doubled out and President told him that he was thinking that our area is kinda dangerous the way it is so they are prolly going to give us our own car and we will both stay here. SO ya that's what's going on here in San Marcos! lol So I don't really know what is going to happen cause everything I hear is just that- hear say! lol We will find out for sure in two weeks.

SO other things going on here. We had exchanges this week- my very first exchanges!!! SO cool! It was a lot of fun- Sister Cuenallo came down from Canyon Lake and spent the day with me riding bikes around San Marcos. She hated the bikes lol, which cracks me up cause I love them!!! We also coached the YW in b-ball this week, it was our first practice and it was A LOT of fun!!! The girls are awesome and the whole thing is just a really neat experience for us and them! So ya also we had enrichment night this week and that was cool, it has been neat getting to know the ward better.

So ya yesterday was Fast Sunday and I fasted for help in knowing how we could best go about the work here in San Marcos. Well we have an answer, we are really going to focus on the members. Knocking and talking to everyone just isn't working right now, so we are goign to turn our focus to the members. We are going to spend most of our days visiting members and Less Actives and encouraging all to do missionary work. I have faith that this will produce results. If we do end up staying here next transfer and getting a car that will greatly help this effort because a lot of our members live in the elders area and are too far to bike to. So ya, I have hope for San Marcos and I think with this new way we can get some work done here!!! :) I am excited for the up coming week as we dig into our new strategy!!

This truly is the Lord's work and we can't do anything without him. I hope y'all have a fabulous week!

SMILING ALL THE WHILE,
Hermana Kleisler

PS- Thanks Aunt Elaine for the package- I LOVED IT oh and also for the record, the junk food ban has totally been lifted! lol I have been eating junk left and right!!! :) Gotta have my comfort food!

No comments: