Monday, December 1, 2008

The Hunt for The Elusive Second Lesson‏

Hey Y'all!

I am so glad to hear all is well with everyone and y'all had good Thanksgivings! Things are well in San Marcos- it sure is a good thing I have that "Smiling All The While" Motto cause things continue to be rough! No one will let us back for second lessons! Or if they do it is cause they could really care less and they are not keeping commitments and are not progressing. We keep dropping investigators because no one is progressing. I'll tell ya the day we have an investigator show up to church I will prolly jump out of my seat and jump for joy! Ha ha seriously though! My trainer and I were talking the other day and I was like, is it just me or does it really stink right now? She said not to worry it's not just me- she said this is the hardest she has ever had it on her mission. Yup my first three weeks in the field are the hardest that my comp has had in her 16 months! ha ha Hopefully there is no correlation lol! But hey no negative stuff- I am always honest with y'all, you know me I say it like it is, so this is what it is. We currently don't have any progressing investigators. But we are working and staying positive!!! We found some people this past week that have potential, there is Jobita- we found her while we were riding our bikes to an appointment. She speaks Spanish and so we get to teach her in Spanish (always fun for me ha ha, every time we walk out of a Spanish appointment I am like- man I need to work on my Spanish!!!) lol so anyway we taught her the first lesson, but she has not come to church yet- we have another appointment this week with her. We also taught Fransisco, another Spanish lesson, he was a media referral, ordered Joy to The World- he's Catholic. They always like to say ya, but I am catholic so I'm good to go. Then I am all like, well my dad was catholic! ha ha but now he's a Mormon! You can be like him! lol okay so I didn't really say that, but I thought it! Ok so we are gonna see him again next week but I don't think he is really all that interested. We are also teaching George. We ran into him while we were riding our bikes (This is one of the reasons I love bikes- I think I will be sad when I am out of the bike area) and we taught him in his front yard, then went back and taught him with a member present. Then last night taught him again with a member present, but his kids were really being obnoxious so he didn't get too much out of it so we just reviewed the restoration again. Tomorrow we are going back while the kids are in school and we will hopefully teach him the SECOND LESSON!! Ha ha ya I have never taught a second lesson yet- lol funny!! People either just don't show up for their appointments or decide they aren't interested. SO anyway we have some prospects and we are working hard and I KNOW the Lord will make something happen, if anything else we are out planting a lot of seeds right now. I am thinking that I am getting a lot of work as a farmer right now- with a little bit more hope and Faith hopefully soon I will be a harvester!! :) Until then I will keep on Keeping on and putting all of my faith in my Heavenly Father.

Ok so my Thanksgiving was awesome! Of course I missed the family- I missed my mommy most of all- I always do. But we had a great time with the Wildes. They are this great young married couple, he is a tv news reporter and she is a ballet teacher and she is studying for the LSAT so she can apply to law school. They are both return missionaries, he served in Houston Texas and she served in Honalulu Hawaii. They had us over around noon and we were there all day! I kinda wanted to go out and work- I knew no one would listen to us if we went knocking but I figured we could ride our bikes around our neighborhood and talk to people who were outside. But that is just my greenie spirit- I always want to work, I would prolly run my trainer into the ground if she would let me! lol OK so anyway we had a great turkey dinner and then watched legacy and played phase ten and helped them set up their Christmas tree and looked at sis Wilde's mission scrapbook. It was a lot of fun. They are having us over for Christmas and New Year's Eve as well. Oh ya and I forgot in the morning we went over to Texas State and played in a little Turkey Bowl with the Student Branch. Fun fun, flag football- but once again I didn't want to go- it was during our study time so I wanted to study! Ha ha look at me, the work-aholic, study bug, obedient kid- the mission really has CHANGED me! lol :)

Ok so now I will tell you about my favorite part of this past week! We got to do service!! No one ever lets us do service!! They always have the Elders help them but never want the sisters to do anything. SO anyway we came up with our own service! Of course I was so excited to concoct a secret service project!!!! We went and bought rakes at Wal-mart (we would have borrowed them from ward members but all the members who live near us are in apartments) and we went out hunting for members and less actives yards to clean! It was so much fun! We went to this old lady in our ward's house and her yard needed to be mowed and we knew she was out of town- so we went into her shed and got out her lawn mower and I mowed her lawn and then we raked leaves and everything! We left her a little note and she called us last night when she got into town and she was so HAPPY!! She was so grateful for our service! Man I loved that!!!! So ya if you are every feeling down go out and serve somebody!!! It is the best feeling ever!! I love service!! :)

Ok well I had better wrap this up! I want y'all to know that I LOVE Texas!! I am coming home a full blood Texan for sure!! This place is awesome! I know that I have been sent here for a reason and that even though right now times are REALLY tough, the Lord has a plan for me. I am so grateful for this trial that I am currently going through. It has helped me to become a stronger person and to take rejections and also to stay positive no matter what. Most of all I am learning to rely on my Savior!!! Oh man am I ever! It is amazing what a blessing it is to have trials in your life. I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to learn and grow. :)

Love ya,
SMILING ALL THE WHILE
Hermana Kleisler

No comments: