Hey Y'all!!!
So let me tell you I have learned a lot this week!! The other day I could tell something was just eating at my companion and she was not being herself. I told her to tell me what was bugging her. She was real hesitant and I told her- SISTER TELL ME!! I don't get offended easily and if there is something I can do better, than just let me know! So finally she told me that I had been being pretty negative lately and it was having an effect on me and the work and other missionaries. So we talked about it and realized that I had unconsciously gotten pretty negative over the past 2 weeks or so. It had been hard to have no success and just feel like we were getting no where and I let that bring me down. I was still working and everything but I had kind of lost hope I guess you could say. SO once my comp mentioned that to me I got right to changing that frown upside down!! It has been amazing ever since! I can't say that we have had more success or that our numbers are better- they are actually even worse than last week, ha ha- but when I take it all with a positive attitude and with hope and Faith it is amazing what a difference it makes!! SO ya I learned that lesson this week with the help of the Lord. I tell ya the mission is where you really figure out yourself. I have grown and changed so much since last March when this all began!! I am so grateful to the Lord that he has given me this incredible opportunity!!!
So some things that happened this week. We got a car- yay!! We don't have to share with the Elders anymore! Which is so awesome, it also means we only have to ride our bikes when we want to. This way we can put our bikes on the bike rack, drive our car across the scary freeway that we should NOT be riding our bikes on, and park then get on our bikes in the neighborhoods. Makes much more sense! so YAY for our little 2007 Silver Toyota Corolla, we love it! Ok so also I had my first ever investigator at church!! Woot woot! It was Minerva- she is the one that has backed out of two baptismal dates and we dropped her about 2 weeks ago because she hasn't been progressing and she hasn't even been coming to our ward- she would go to a ward up in Austin that is all Spanish Speaking. SO ya she turns up at church yesterday- sweet sauce! SO we go talk to her and she is all- so when are you going to come teach me again(she loves having us teach her) so I answered her (In Spanish mind you) Well when are you going to be baptized? (How is that fro being bold- ha ha) So she was like well, why don't you come over this week and we will plan it! Hna Moran was like we already planned it 2 times, it's all planned! Ha ha but ya we will see her this week and see where it goes. I am not sure if anything has changed yet and if she is going to be baptized- but I will have hope!! :) So other cool things from this week- we made cookies!! My comp and I made a TON of sugar cookies and decorated them and everything and we have been taking them to less actives and stuff! It has been a lot of fun to bring holiday cheer to people!!
Things are going well here in San Marcos and I am learning all about how to have FAITH and HOPE!! Seriously along with the toughness I have to have hope! Ha ha funny concept- well I am glad I at least got it figured out!
Until next week- much love!!
SMILING ALL THE WHILE
Hermana Kleisler
No comments:
Post a Comment