Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day BBQ Extravaganza!!

Ahh cute, hammock buddies!! lol
Kevin doing a flip into the pool. (You have no many ideas how many tries it took to get this picture... this is the best I could get!)
Max was being a total goofball, but he's such a cutie so all I could do was laugh and take pictures!
The best BBQ man in AZ!! Love the chef's outfit grandpa, almost as much as I love the Chef!!
Ingrid was so nice and cut up my big watermelon for me, but after giving her the knife I kinda regretted it! lol j/k
A super fun take on duck duck goose... "Hot, Hot, COLD!"
The game in action... Kevin dumped that cold cup of water on Ingrid and then had to run for his life! lol
We really got into this game, but Max did most of all, he LOVED it and kept saying "pick me pick me" to get the water dumped on his head!! lol
The party poopers! lol ya these boys would rather mess around on the computer than join in the fun!!!
Watermelon seed spitting contest!! The line of all the contestants
Yes, I know I look like a rat when I spit watermelon seeds!! But hey how can you be graceful and lady like doing something like that?
Kevin has that seed on the tip of his tongue, you can tell! lol
Water balloon toss! It's a classic!!!
Look at that action shot!
These guys got pretty far apart! As you can tell- I did not as I am standing there laughing at something, I got out pretty quick!! lol
I think the Kids' favorite part of the games was the candy bar prizes for the winners!!

For this BBQ I decided to pull out all the stops and plan a whole bunch of fun games and activities to make it the best BBQ ever!! And I am pretty sure it was! We played so many different games (not all pictured) and won prizes as well as just goofed around talked and ate- seriously I had SO much fun!! I kinda figured it was my last full blown BBQ with water games and swimming and everything for about 2 years so I wanted to enjoy it and really enjoy all of my extended family- and I really did! I am gonna miss MY WHOLE ENTIRE FAMILY so much on my mission- honestly I get a little sick to my stomach and teary eyed when ever I think about leaving all my family and my girls and all my friends! It's going to be so tough- but worth it!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Did you have a good time at Education Week?