Hey Y’all!!!!
So many cool things happened this week- but by far the most amazing is………. The Texas San Antonio Mission baptized 108 souls in the month of August!!!!! That’s huge! President has been pushing for the past two years for us to hit 100 baptisms in one month and we finally did it!!! It has been at least 4 years since our mission has hit one hundred and this month we did it! We are so excited!!! The Lord has truly poured out his blessings upon our mission and we are LOVIN’ IT!! So ya that is the coolest thing that happened this week, but other neat things happened too.
We went to the temple this week, that was way sweet and we also had stake conference and that was AWESOME!!! We did a lot of tracting and a lot of teaching -had some sweet experiences. I will share two stories with you.
The other day we were out knocking doors and as we knocked there was one house that had a chain on the fence and there was no way to get in, but that never stops me muwahaha, so anyway I went around to the side yard to see if we could get in that way, but no dice. All locked up, but as we were on the side of this house I heard some noise further down the street, sounded like really bad rock music. I decided to pursue it. With Sister Johnson hot on my heels we went in search of the screechy guitar. We found it, wasn’t too hard. Lol There was this guy and two of his friends who were sitting out on the driveway of a house and they had some meat smoking in the bbq pit and the guy was playing electric guitar. I went up to them and started asking him about his guitar. He just got it and he was learning how to play (that was obvious by the sound it was producing) so anyway I asked if we could sit down in the empty chairs next to him. He said yes and we started talking about the gospel. We asked what he had heard about our church and he actually knew a decent amount. Sister Johnson brought up the Book of Mormon and he was like, wait I don’t accept that book. We were like uh ok, so we kept teaching and Sister Johnson explained all about where the BoM came from and bore powerful testimony of it. The whole time that she was teaching I kept getting this impression, “sister Johnson needs to play guitar” it kept coming to my mind over and over again!!!! So when Sister Johnson passed the lesson over to me I also bore testimony about the Book Of Mormon, tied a nice little bow on the lesson and wrapped it up. Then I asked him if I could use his guitar. Ha ha random. He said yes, I handed it to Sister Johnson and said “play the cowboy song” she was like um, ok. So Sister Johnson played the electric guitar during a lesson and we both sang this Tim McGraw song that sister J changed some of the words to. It sounded so goo (don’t worry I sang very softly so as to not destroy the spirit, lol) and after we finished he and his friends looked at us and he was like, woah…. That was good! He was like, I feel enlightened, I feel the spirit. I just grinned REALLY big. Then I asked him if I could give him a copy of the Book of Mormon and if he would read it. He said YES! It was just so cool cause at first he wanted nothing to do with the BoM but then by the end of the lesson he accepted it and promised to read it. Cool!!! That’s what happens when you follow the spirit- you companion plays electric guitar and people accept Book of Mormons! Lol It was a way cool experience. :)
So the other story is also a pretty cool one. The other night we were at the Swaim’s house and Papa Swaim said, oh I sure wish we had someone for y’all to teach. I was like, ya we do too!! Then all the sudden he got all excited…. He was like “wait I do have someone for you”!!!! He then explained that his old colleague Margarita and her parents were coming over for dinner Sunday night and they would be perfect. He said the only problem is, Margarita’s parents don’t speak a lick of English. I was like, no problem, I speak Spanish! Papa Swaim, was like no way, you don’t speak Spanish. I told him that I did and I would prove it to him on Sunday! So on Sunday we went over to the Swaims and we met Maragarita and her parents. I sat and spoke with her parents in Spanish for like 20 minutes before dinner started, I was pretty surprised with myself that my Spanish skills were ok enough to carry on a conversation!! Then after dinner was when the really cool experience happened. I asked if we could share a thought with them all, they said yes. So we sat down to teach and I was planning on just sharing a little thought from the Book Of Mormon, but I got this impression- “teach a first lesson”. I was like no way, I can’t do that, these are the Swaim’s friends I can’t just whip out the restoration on them. You have to be REALLY careful with member referrals, they are like gold. So anyway I brushed that prompting away but then it came again, stronger this time. So I was like ok, whatever you want heavenly father, but please please just help me with my Spanish. So I told them that I would teach in Spanish and then Sister Johnson would teach in English but we’d translate it. So I began the Restoration and then when I passed it over to Sister Johnson to teach the next principle something happened that has never happened before with us. Sister Johnson could not speak. She tried but she could only say like one word and she was stuck completely lost. At that moment the spirit told me I was to teach this lesson on my own. So I did. I taught the entire lesson in Spanish by myself and the entire time I was locked on Margarita’s parents. I taught them, not Margarita, not the Swaims. The spirit was strong and when I got to the part about the Book Of Mormon I asked if they would like a copy. I was devastated when they said no. But I continued to Bear my Testimony and gave them pass a long cards. At the end of the lesson we had a prayer and then we left. It was such a cool experience for a couple reasons, even though they didn’t except a Book Of Mormon then, they are more open to it and I just know that a seed was planted. I was supposed to teach them that, otherwise there is NO WAY I would have been able to teach a whole lesson in Spanish by myself, that’s the other cool thing. That Sister Johnson was told by the Spirit not to teach, we just know that the Lord was in that lesson. Later that night we talked to the Swaims to make sure all was well with me throwing out such a hard core lesson on their friends. They thought it was great, brother Swaim concluded that I could indeed speak Spanish and they said that their friends told them after we left that we were very nice girls and that they were impressed with my Spanish. All in all it was a neat experience.
So ya we have had many cool things happen this week, I have many more stories but never enough time. Ha ha! So anyway this week is Transfers. I found out that I am in fact leaving Pleasanton. I don’t know where I am going yet. I have a pretty good idea but don’t know for sure, so y’all will have to wait till next week to find out “Where in the Mission is Sister Kleisler?”
SMILING ALL THE WHILE
Hermana Kleisler
No comments:
Post a Comment