Friday, January 4, 2008

TEXAS SAN ANTONIO SPANISH SPEAKING MISSION!!!

I got my mission call to the Texas San Antonio Spanish speaking Mission and I report to the MTC in Provo on March 26th!! I am beyond excited!!! When I opened my mailbox and saw the call I picked it up and just started crying! I was just so excited it was here and in shock that the time had really come and that I was really going on a mission. Even though I had said before that I would rip it open the second I got it, I decided to wait for my family. So I rushed over to the Church building where my Brother was having his ring ceremony (I went to check the mail in between the temple and the ring ceremony/luncheon). My whole family and close friends were all there while I opened it. It was great to have all of that support!! I just can't wait to serve in Texas!!Me with my call waiting till the rest of my family arrives

Tearing it open before the ring ceremony starts

Reading my call to serve


I couldn't believe it!! Texas! Well only one person was right on the poll- I am going somewhere stinking Hot stateside and I am learning Spanish!!

6 comments:

Mema and PaPa said...

CONGRATULATIONS! San Antonio--Spanish Speaking??? What happened to Moscow West Russian Speaking??? We needed you here. Of course we lost out, but Texas is so lucky to get you. You are going to be a great missionary. Good luck. March 26th will be here before you know it. I am so proud of you girlie!

Brooke said...

Congrats. So exciting to learn spanish. You'll be a great missionary.

Anonymous said...

Yay Kristi!!!!! We're so proud of you! Texas won't know what hit it!! Love ya girl!

Lindsey said...

CONGRATS!!! That is SO exciting!!! You are going to be AMAZING :o)

Deanne said...

Of course I remember you! It was fun to hear from you. That is super exciting about the mission call. You get to learn Spanish. Whatever you do, please don't become a Spurs fan. Yuk! Always the SUNS! My friend is going on a mission to New York, New York South Spanish speaking mission. She might be there when you are. She leaves Feb. 27. Her name is Sandi Brimhall and she is older than you. She is 30 almost 31 but felt like she wanted to serve a mission.
She is awesome and if you meet her say hi! It was fun to check out your blog!

Allison Johnson said...

Sorry I never texted back....I promise I WASN'T ignoring you. (I have just been super busy...and I don't have texting on my cell plan) I meant to leave a comment earlier, but CONGRATS on the mission call! You have come a long way from the 18 year old Krisi I first met. I am proud of ya! As for the temple...I will see what I can swing. I may already be babysitting some of my nephews that weekend, but maybe I can talk someone into taking all four kids...hopefully!