Monday, August 10, 2009

Best Thing for My Life!

Hey Y’all!!!

Well this week has been another crazy ones with ups and downs and everything in between but lots of lessons were learned and lots of cool experiences happened along the way! So the first thing I want to tell you about was one of the highlights of my mission. Yesterday in sacramnet meeting my recent convert Clarissa gave a talk!!!! She has been a member for only one month and she was asked to give a 5 minute talk in sacramnet meeting. It was AMAZING!!!!! I saw Papa Swaim looking down at us on the stand (he’s in the bishopric) and smiling big as he saw our eyes full of tears and the giant grins on our faces! I can’t even describe what it feels like to have someone you baptized, someone you watched change their lives to be a member of the church, to see them taking hold of the gospel and becoming so strong, well…. It’s the best part of being a missionary!!! Her talk was great and her attitude and sprirt are contageous! I love that girl!!! So ya that was an awesome experience, I AM SO PROUD OF HER! So other things that happened this week, we had zone confrence- it was fantastic!!! We were trained on lots of awesome things. President and Sister Cutler taught us more about answering people concerns using the Book Of Mormon, the assistants taught us about improving our door approaches when knocking. Then they split us up into three groups. One group went with one of the assistants, another with the other assistant and the last with President. Guess which group Sister Johnson and I were in… President’s. So ya, we had to do role plays with President- so terrifying!!!!!! We had to “knock” on his door and get in. It was scary, ha ha cause man he’s PRESIDENT! But it was cool. He taught us all a lot and the main thinig was to focus on getting in the door! He said we teach too much at the doorstep, we need to focus on getting inside and then teaching. SO he taught us to say things like “Hi we are missionaries from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints and we have a very important message to share about Jesus Christ. Will you allow us to come into your home and share this with you and your family?” So anyway we learned all of this really cool stuff and then throughout the week we have been applying it, and guess what, WE HAVE GOTTEN IN THE DOOR!!! Ha ha it was so sweet the day after zone confrence we went knocking and only had 5 people answer the door and we got into 2 of those doors and taught lessons! SO sweet!!! So ya that was cool!!! I have been learning a lot out here!!!!!
So I also learned a very important lesson from President this week. We had our interviews after zone confrence and I told president that I was having a really hard time not falling into depression every time one of our awesome investigators burned us. He then taught me a very good lesson. He asked me what doctrine that I teach to my investigators could help me out with this problem. I thought about it for awhile and he gave me a hint. Think about the second lesson. I was like, oh AGENCY!! He then went on to tell me how we can not force anyone to do anything. They get to choose. So I can teach these investogators and love them so much, but ultimatly they get to choose. And if they choose not to follow the path that will bring them happiness, well then, there is nothing I can do about it. This lesson hit me very hard and came in handy yesterday! We were supposed to have 4 investigators at church, all of which we had talked to on Saturday and confirmed and everything and then Sunday came and NONE of them came to church. That was a devistating blow, but then I thought about it, and you know what they made their choice. And I can make mine. I can choose to be depressed about it, or I can choose to move on and conitnue to cheerfully go about doing good. I learned that the second option is always a better choice! So anyway I am learning a lot out here and loving it!!!

I have said it before and I will say it again. My mission is the BEST thing for my life!!!!

SMILING ALL THE WHILE
Hermana Kleisler

No comments: