Monday, May 25, 2009

Patriotism is Alive and Well!

Howdy Y'all!!!

Happy Memorial Day to Y'all! Here in Texas- Memorial Day truly is a day of remembrance, and food! Ha ha Since it is a holiday the libraries are closed and we have permission to email at a member's home. We are at the Swaim Family's home and they are all geared up for a bbq and a good 'ol fashioned good time! I love being in the homes of members and feeling the spirit and love that encompasses them! So ya I am kinda distracted right now, lots of little kids running around in their red, white and blue! I am gonna be honest I really would rather go play with them then sit here at the computer! ha ha So ya I think I am gonna make this short! lol

Well ya'll this week was another one of SICKNESS! Not in a good way. lol I caught some obnoxious flu bug and then Sister Larrosa caught it and it hit her WAY worse than me- so it's been some tough work lately but we are recovering now. I am all better and Sister Larrosa got a blessing yesterday and she is doing better now. We have managed to get some work done this week, not a whole ton and nothing super awesome but we are trying! lol So now for the stories of the week....

First off, my hump day came and went. I woke up sick that morning which was a bummer, but we had district meeting so we drove up to San Antonio. The Elders were really sweet and put together a cute little "party" for me! We had a great district meeting and the elders even made me brownies with candles to blow out and everything! I got spoiled! :) We then went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch with our district. After that we drove to the part of San Antonio that is our area and we went to work. The best part of the whole day was.... a super sweet spirit filled lesson with a new investigator!! Elizabeth was a member but she asked for her records to be removed, but now she wants to come back and bring her non member boyfriend with her. We had such a powerful lesson with them and they were both very touched. We will see them again this week and continue to work with them. They will have a lot to overcome- Word of Wisdom and Law of Chastity issues for sure. But after we left their house after the first lesson I had this great picture in my head of them all in white with giant smiles on their faces! They are gonna get baptized- I know it, it's just a matter of time! :) So ya that was way sweet and sure made my hump day- I can't believe I am half way through my mission- crazy!! As for an update on Rudy and Vanessa- well she has pneumonia so ya that is a problem. She is recovering right now, so we weren't able to teach them last week and they couldn't come to church. We stopped by and Rudy came out and talked to us- he said that he isn't sure yet whether he is going to change his religion, but he likes having us over. lol So ya that is every missionaries dream to hear their investigators say that- NOT! lol It's like when the guy you like tells you that he would rather just be friends! lol SO anyway that's our investigators.

So this week instead of doing anything for a baptism the phrase was I would do anything to get someone to church! lol We were visiting a less active who hasn't been to church in a long time and he said he wanted some oatmeal cookies. SO we told him we would make him some oatmeal cookies to bring to church and if he came he would get them and if he didn't I would eat them and take pictures of me eating them and we would bring him the pictures! Lol So ya he didn't come to church so I guess I get to eat some cookies! lol Seriously it is amazing how much fun you can have with missionary work!! I truly am having a blast out here in Texas! I have even learned to love the country. I am gonna be a cowgirl after all! ha ha So ya things are going great out here honestly as always we could have more investigators, we could have had some people at church yesterday, we could have more teaching appointments, we could have more members who like us, we could have a lot of things- but that is not what matters. What I am learning out here is that it is all in how you look at things! I am so happy to be serving the Lord and to have a few investigators who truly do want to learn more about the gospel. I am in the home of an amazing family right now which I have come to love VERY much! I am working my butt off for the Lord and I am truly happy. I am choosing to look at my life and all that is going on in it as if from the perspective of Nephi. I am finding the positive and it ROCKS! Lol

So I have one last story for y'all. And it involves.... Police officers! Geez what is with me and the cops- this makes 4 times now that I have had a run in with the fuzz while on my mission. OK so here's the story- we were in Jourdanton, a town right next to Pleasanton, and we picked a street to knock. SO I parked the truck at the end of the street and we started working. We knocked all the way down one side of the street and it was a LONG street!!! So about an hour and a half later we walked back up towards the truck. The closer we got to truck I was starting to wonder why their were so many people outside right by our truck. Of course my missionary brain was so excited thinking- lots of people to EBP!!! So as we get down there- I get pounced on, is that your truck? Uh, yep! Oh man we were so sacred! (I'm thinking why cause the Mormon girls are here to convert you?) This lady goes on to say that she saw our truck parked in front of her house and she got so worried cause her dad was out of town and they didn't know whose truck was parked in front of their house. SO they got all worried and called the cops. SO then when they found out that it was us they called the cops back but it didn't work, they were already on their way. SO I real quick like got in the car and just as we were driving off they came and the cop pulled us over lights and all. He makes me get out of the car, walk to the back the whole nine yards! lol So he asks what we were up to and we explained. I totally EBP'd the cop! Ha ha and he asks for my license and then asks if we have bibles in the car and I was like ya you want to see them! Ha ha silly country folk- don't have much to worry about except everybody else's business. So the cop let me go after checking out my record and seeing I was scott free. SO ya just another run in with the police to add to the list. :)

Alright well I gotta go- it's time for a good 'ol fashioned Memorial Day BBQ at the Swaims!! I love y'all much and hope you have a great week!

SMILING ALL THE WHILE,
Hermana Kleisler

No comments: