Hey Y'all!
Alright well this past week President lit a fire under me to get to work and work HARD and then the ZL's fueled it by talking about how we always use the scripture Faith without works is dead, but lately in our whole mission we have been missing that by working hard but not having the faith that anything would happen. So this past week I put in to practice faith and hard work and do you know what the result was... A full week of getting EBP (first time I've ever done that!!!!) 11 other lessons taught, 8 new Investigators and 8 soft baptismal commits. Ya those are the numbers that basically support the theory that if you work hard put your faith in the Lord and pray for miracles you will see success!! So right now I am just so grateful to the Lord for granting us so many blessings this past week and helping us to see the miracles happening right before our eyes!
So as of now our most progressing investigators are Stephanie and Marianna- they are the 14 and 12 year old girls who are daughters of a recent convert, Cody. So there are two big obstacles with teaching them, we can only teach them every other weekend (parents are divorced and they live with their mom, we can only teach when Cody has them) and then also their mom is VERY against them getting baptized. So ya, those are some big obstacles but with a lot of prayer they can be overcome. As far as the girls themselves they are doing pretty well. Our biggest thing with them is having them have the desire to be baptized, we don't want them to just be forced into it and not really have a testimony. So right now we are working on getting them to understand why the gospel is so important, how it can help us and also getting them some good YW fellowship. So Saturday evening we had a lesson with them at the church, we taught about the plan of salvation and we have to be pretty creative with them to keep their attention (they are HYPER kids!!!) so we sang a song used pictures and asked them ALOT of questions. It went well and then right afterwards we went into the gym to watch the stake roadshow performances. That was so great for them!! They got to watch their friends have fun in the gospel and doing cool things that are related to the church! Then on Sunday Marianna came to church with us. Stephanie met a friend art school who is in the Randolph ward and she wanted to go to church with him we were like- YES!! Whatever will get her to go to church and like it, we are good with!!!! So Marianna wanted us to go to her classes with her so we went to Sunday School and YW and I was threw the roof excited to see two girls fellowship Marianna like no other!!! She felt so loved and welcomed! Then after church I asked her, so was it that bad? She said no, I liked it! Ahh yay, such an improvement, she used to whine about church being so boring. So they are a work in progress!!
Also we have several new investigators we are working with which has been keeping us busy. This week in San Antonio is a super crazy one because it is FIESTA! Now I am sure NONE of you have any idea what that means! ha ha I didn't either! lol Basically it is ten days of parties here in San Antonio, they have parades and parties and beads and pinatas and basically PARTY UP big time!! lol So we get to hear a lot about that. Also Spurs fever is starting up, apparently they got into the play offs and everyone is spurs crazy, more so then usual! There are "Go Spurs Go" signs everywhere and people are so nuts over those guys! lol So that has been pretty funny to observe.
So before I close I wanted to say that if y'all ever have the missionaries over for dinner, ask them this question, "What is the best part about teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ?" That was the question asked to us the other night at dinner with some members and basically they got to sit there as we bore our testimonies to them. Pretty sneaky I'd say! Ha ha But I thought I'd share my answer with all of you. -The best part about teaching the Gospel Of Jesus Christ to people is seeing how the gospel changes their lives! I have seen people who had no values and standards change their lives around to live the gospel and it has blessed them so much. I love when I get to see miracles happen!!! I love to see recent converts so strong in the church with a testimony that is still growing but it is rock solid. I love to see the youth of the church have the opportunity to grow up in homes full of love and wholesome activity. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ with my entire heart, all that I am is because of this true church and I owe myself to the Lord and I am dedicated to his service these next 9 1/2 months! Yay for that!! :)
I love y'all and miss ya much! Thanks for all the letters and love! There are some people I haven't heard from in forever that I NEED a letter from: Adam, Skousens, Ness and many more! Write me guys!
SMILING ALL THE WHILE,
Hermana Kleisler
2 comments:
What is EBP? I don't think I have ever heard of it!
This is how Kristi explains EBP -
"EBP stands for Elder Ballard’s Promise. Elder Ballard came to our mission about a year ago and spoke and he gave our mission this promise. If we have companionship study every day, ask everyone we contact for referrals and if we contact 10 extra people everyday outside of knocking on people’s doors- we will find more people to teach and baptize. SO ya a pretty cool promise. What we have been focusing on is finding the ten extra people- that’s the part we always refer to as EBP my comp and I have no problem doing the other 2 parts. But sometimes finding 10 people on the street to go up and talk to and get them to listen to us- that can be hard. We can’t just hand them a pass along card either- we have to teach them at least 2 principles of the gospel, testify and then commit them to something. It is hard to get EBP!!"
Post a Comment