Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Choo-Choo the Transfer Train is coming!

Hey Y'all!!!

Yup the transfer train has come around again and I have a ticket to ride. Ha ha yes siree I am being transferred AGAIN. After 6 weeks in Windcrest I am off to my next area but I don't know where that is yet. I have a few pretty good hunches but we will just have to wait until Thursday to know for sure, which means y'all will have to wait until Monday. All I know is what one of the AP's told me- I am being transferred to an area that is really on fire and I am going to be Senior Comp to a young missionary. So ya I am excited, you know me I love change!!!

So this was my last full week in Windcrest and it was super sweet- why is it that right before I leave an area I really get it going? Ha ha it's all good though it was such a sweet week! We set 3 people for baptism with a date! There will be 3 people getting baptized on May 17th! Woot Woot!!!!! I am so excited about that- I am the one who set them each with the commit- I guess I am just really bold cause with all 3 of those Sis. Dodge was like oh man I never would of done that! Ha ha the Lord has blessed me with boldness and it is sick! So whose getting baptized you ask? Well Rose Marie, the mother of a Less Active in the ward who we went to visit last week and Rose Marie was there and listened to our lesson and then after I got through bearing my testimony she asked me if she could have a copy of the Book Of Mormon. I was like oh snaps yes! Ha ha so we taught her a bit about it and she said that she had been to our church before but she went to a Spanish ward and she didn't quite understand it all but she said she felt so good there. So we left her with a commit to read in the BoM and then a few days later we went back she had read she said she knew it was true and this was the right church. So I was like sweet, will you prepare to be baptized on May 17th and she was like YES! Woo hoo! So that was cool, then also her grandson was just a little guy when her daughter and the rest of her grandkids were baptized, but he's 9 now and so we are teaching him also and set him with a baptismal date of the 17th. Then our other date is with Melinda. We met her last week on the street, we EBP'd her as she was getting out of her car and she set up a time for us to come back a few days later. So yesterday we went back and man we had a sweet lesson with her!! She felt the spirit strong and she said she felt like the Lord's hand was on her shoulder and she needed to know more about all of
this. She said she has always been searching and she thinks she's found it. Well I felt impressed to give her a baptismal commit. So I asked her if she would be baptized on the 17th and she said yes. She is so excited about the gospel and it is AMAZING! Man I still can't believe I set 3 people with a date this week and one of them was on a first lesson- so sick!! So ya we also have a few other people who don't have dates yet but will soon. This guy Antony was a media referral, he had called in for a video, he saw the commercial on TV and wrote down the number to call but lost the paper so like what 6 months later or so he found it and he called and we came. We taught him a first lesson and instead of giving him the video he ordered we left him with a copy of the Restoration to borrow and watch and then we would come back and talk more about it. So last night we went back and he had watched it 3 times and also rewound and fast forwarded watching certain parts over and over. He then read the dvd case a couple times and checked out the website on it- Mormon.org and so when we came he had some questions and was just so curious. We had an amazing lesson with him and I shared my conversion story as well as my dad's and he really identified with dad's and said that he felt like something never quite fit there was something missing and he thinks he might have found it. Ha ha so SWEET! So we left him with a copy of the Testaments to borrow and also a few verses in 3 Nephi to read in the BoM and then we have another appointment with him in a few days! Also Stephanie and Marianna are progressing quite nicely so all told this area could have 6 baptisms next month!! Geez that is sweet- they always say to leave our area better than we found it and I sure think I helped do that this transfer so yay for that!!! :)

So other then investigators just being super sweet and amazing this week has been pretty interesting as far as the weather goes! At the beginning of the week it got super hot and humid- yuck!! We were on bikes and I about died. After a few days of that Sister Dodge called the Elders and persuaded them to give us the car early cause I was just not doing too well on the bikes. So we got the car for the last half of the week- which ended up being a blessing cause it has rained the last few days! The weather here in Texas is so crazy!!!!!!! Ha ha

Alright well that's all I have to report for now. Please continue to write me, I got several awesome letters this week thanks to all those who wrote- C, Jennie, Moran, Hailey, Allison, Laura and Chris. Y'all rock! The rest of you I need to hear from!! So keep on writing and go ahead and send stuff to my Vandiver address this week cause sister Dodge can just forward it to me no big deal and then I will still get mail this week! Yay! Then on Monday I'll give y'all my new address! Ok well hope y'all have an awesome week- I love ya much!

SMILING ALL THE WHILE
Hermana Kleisler

No comments: