Hey Y’all!!!
WICKY WICKY Windcrest! Ya baby I am serving in the Windcrest Ward and it ROCKS so hardcore!!! So ya I’ll give ya the low-down on the ward and the area and everything. Well on Thursday when we had transfers we got dropped off at our apartment by our District Leader Elder Dutson (who also shares the Windcrest ward and the car with us) and we walked into our apartment and it was all nice and clean and sweet, but then I looked around and we basically had nothing! The mish gave us a couch, table and chairs, two beds, a dresser, a vacuum, a broom and a box filled with some mugs, random plates bowls and some silverware and a cheapy plastic shower curtain. Well I was like… um….. –Seriously not til the mish did I really realize what a spoiled rich girl I was growing up- So I was not so sure what to do. We didn’t have a microwave, we didn’t have any pots and or pans and I had no clue how to make any dinner with out the stove or a microwave! Ha ha ya plus one of the beds we were given was a queen and neither of us had queen sheets. We didn’t have garbage cans, or toilet paper or food or a lot of things that I am used to having! We weren’t sure what to do, we called Elder Conrad- the senior Missionary in charge of finances and he said the mish could reimburse us for a few things. Well neither of us had much money to buy hardly anything and then wait for the mish to reimburse us in a few weeks. SO we bought a pot, and some essential things like shower curtain rings and then prayed that some how something would work out. Well the next morning we had correlation with our ward mission leader and I mentioned something about us not having much in our apartment and boom- it was off! He took us grocery shopping, members have started bringing us food, they passed around a sign up sheet in relief society, we have received sheets, a bookshelf, a chair, toilet paper, a microwave and a bunch more stuff! Geez it is so sweet! This ward jumped at the chance to serve us!!!! So yay for an amazing ward! This ward is HUGE!! About 700 plus people on the list, 300 active. They are a very missionary minded ward. Our Bishop is amazing! We love him already! Our ward mission leader is also amazing! On Sunday I cannot count how many people came up to dodge and I and told us how excited they were to have us in the ward!!!! They love the sisters! We had a person ask us for a BoM to give out to their friend, another person gave us a referral, another asked us to help teach their lesson next week at church, and countless others offered to feed us, give us things, etc etc! Man I am not kidding you I did not think I would ever be able to find members that I loved as much as the San Marcos ones, but then they sent me to Windcrest! I am so blessed!
So as for the area. We split it down the I-35 with the Elders. SO we happen to have the rich half- oh goody! Ha ha ya, um the peeps here are not as nice as the ones in San Marcos! We have had several doors slammed in our faces, a guy yelled at us in an apartment complex and said that we needed to leave, Sister Dodge got bit by a dog! Lol ya it is a bit rougher here in San Antonio. So our ward is technically in the City of Windcrest, but it is just a small little city within San Antonio. Our area is mostly San Antonio with a little city- Terrell Hills inside of it (it’s a rich little community). So ya. OK so my new address is… 6700 N. Vandiver #905 San Antonio TX, 78209
So y’all have no excuses not to write me! Ha ha!!!
So ya the area is kinda rough but it’s all good cause we have a lot of members to work with and we are gonna get referrals for sure!!! We are loving it here so far! Sister Dodge has a bit of a hard time with the transition. She is not so good with change. But for some reason I love change so this has been great for me, it’s like a new adventure!! The only thing I didn’t like was our apt cause we had nothing, but the ward changed that way fast and now I am happy happy happy!! I am so excited to be serving here and with Sister Dodge. We teach each other a lot and each bring different strengths to our companionship! So as for now we don’t have any investigators because we opened up a new area and were given a blank area book! Ha ha sweet! But we have been finding and we will be getting this area going in no time!
Thanks to all of you who sent me love and packages and cards for my b-day! It was great thanks to y’all! I love y’all so much and can’t wait to hear from you!
SMILING ALL THE WHILE!
Hermana Kleisler
No comments:
Post a Comment