Hey Y'all!!!!
There is SO much to tell this week!!!! I have had an amazing week! Absolutely awesome! I guess first off I will tell you about transfers cause y'all are prolly wondering. Well I got the call last night and when the AP (Assistant to the President) told me I did NOT believe him!!! Here is what's happening, I am leaving San Marcos. I am being doubled in or in Kev's terms "whitewashing" a new area. Well that was pretty crazy exciting news to begin with but then it gets even better.. Sister Dodge is leaving too which means we are having a double-out here. The even better part...Sister Dodge is doubling in too! WITH ME!!! So what all this means is both Sister Dodge and I are leaving San Marcos and both going to open up a new area together!! Man we are SOOOO excited!!!!!! So here is what we know: Our new area will be a car share, meaning we have to take our bikes with us and we will use them half the time and share a car with some Elders (like what I did in the beginning of my mish). That is pretty much all we know for sure. But we have some pretty good ideas about the rest. Since there are only 20 sisters in the mission we can make 9 phone calls (there are 10 companionships including us) and find out pretty much who's going where and with whom. So here's what we think- we are pretty sure we will be together I guess it's not for positive but we have a very good hunch that we will be doubling in together. So as for the area, we are pretty sure we are going to San Antonio!!! Yay!! I am so excited cause that means But if we are, temple! I miss the temple so bad! I haven't gone in 6 months! Serving in San Antonio we get to go to the temple once a transfer! YAY!! So the area we think we are going to is Windcrest ward. It is in East San Antonio. The District Leader there and the Elder that we would be sharing a car with is..Elder Dutson! For those of you who don't know, Elder Dutson was my DL and then my ZL my first time in the MTC so we are good buds and have A LOT of fun together so that will be so awesome!! I called him this morning and got all the details on the area and the ward. Basically the ward and area seem like a giant version of San Marcos! I am so excited! They have Spanish Translation in Sacrament meeting there, they have some ghetto areas, some ritzy rich places, some middle class suburbia- everything! The ward is huge, 700 or so members about 300 active! The area is giant so basically they are splitting it down the middle and putting us in one half and leaving the Elders who have been there in the other. So we will be sharing the ward with Elders again just like before in San Marcos. Plus they are renting a new apartment that we will be living in so that will be cool for sure. So man I am excited, I sure do hope it is Windcrest we get transferred to!!! I will find out for sure on Thursday, which means y'all will find out on Monday! Lol So as for my reactions to the transfer- I am stoked! I had been thinking about it a lot before we got the transfer call, and I really didn't want to leave the members her but I just felt like it was time for me to move on and grow somewhere else. I also didn't feel quite right about leaving sister dodge. True it has been a bit of a bumpy transfer with the two of us but we have really figured things out and have taught each other so much and president must have seen the potential still left in us. SO ya I am way excited because I think Sister Dodge and I will make an amazing doubling in team and we SO are becoming such good friends, I love her so much! So what does this mean for y'all- DON'T SEND MAIL TO SAN MARCOS ANYMORE! Lol That's what's most important right? Lol Ya if there is any already on the way that's fine we will make the elders coming in forward it to us, but don't send anymore please. Also don't send anything to the mission home- that never gets to me and if it does I get it a month later all ripped and stuff because it comes by way of "Elder Delivery" which is not the most reliable mode. Lol So ya I will give y'all a new address next week. I am really just so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok so besides all the transfer news there have been some AMAZING things going on here in San Marcos!!! First off, Francisco he is from Honduras, been in the U.S. for most his life, speaks both Spanish and English and is so sweet. We met him last Tuesday while we were riding our bikes. We were going to go follow up with this couple we taught last week and we saw him sitting on the stairs at this apartment complex. SO we went up and EBP'd him. Well it turns out the second he saw us he knew who we were and he told him self if they come talk to me I am going to listen and I am going to join their church. Well we talked to him and he had met some missionaries in California three years ago and he had gone to church and went to the temple visitor's center and saw the restoration video, he liked it all but he just wasn't ready for a change in his life. Well when we found him last week he was searching for a change. He had been sober for 150 days and he wanted to get closer to his Savior Jesus Christ. We taught him about the restoration right there on the stairs. The spirit was the strongest I have ever felt it as I was saying the first vision. Man it was insane. Francisco was so touched and he was so excited to come to church but he works on Sundays and he said eh was going to try and get work off for next week or something. So anyway we had to go a whole week without talking to him cause he works everyday but Tuesday and he works ALL DAY!! He is a cook at this restaurant in town Taste of China. So anyway we had an appointment set up with him today at 11 am and even though it's our p-day we went anyway, that is just how elect this guy is that we ditched out on part of p-day. So anyway our lesson today was AMAZING!! He has been reading the BoM every morning this past week and he loves it. He has been praying he listed some personal experiences he has had in the past week and he knows it is all true! I committed him for baptism and he is being baptized next month!!! So amazing! So ya Francisco is so sweet, sadly we will not get to teach him anymore or see his baptism, but we found him and put him on the right path and that is all that matters. So the Elders who come in and take our place are some lucky dudes for sure. Also this past week had another awesome finding experience. We were knocking in the rain- it rained a whole ton this week!!! That was not fun cause Texans hate rain! The second it gets cold and rainy they hide! So ya knocking was way tough this past weekend! But anyway we had faith and boy did we find! We found this AMAZING girl Christina. She is a Jr. at Texas State plays soccer there and also wakeboards and is just so cool. SO the second we started talking on the doorstep I felt a connection with her. She let us in and the second we walked in the house my eye went straight to the bong on the table, and then to the wall of liquor bottles on the wall. Well it turns out her roommates are big partiers and they have big parties there all the time so she always leaves cause she does not like that whole scene. So ya then we started to get to know her and then went on with the lesson. The whole time I talked with her I just felt this connection I was meant to find her! She is just awesome she was so riveted to us and the message and I am pretty sure she will be getting baptized here pretty soon! So ya we found two amazing people right as we are getting transferred, but hey that's how it goes. Ha ha But ya this has been an amazing week!!! I love being a missionary! I have felt y'all's prayers cause man I had been having a bit of a tough time, but it is like night and day from last week to this and I know a lot of it is due in part to y'all's prayers and love!! Thank you!!!! So ya I am doing truly amazing and loving my life. Some fun little things from my week that I will leave ya with- today we went out tracting before our appointment with Francisco and we met these two Jdubs (Jehovah’s Witnesses) and we politely talked to them and got out of there as soon as the conversation became pointless (yay for us!) but anyway the funny thing was that one of them asked me, where is your accent from? I was like dude I am from Arizona! Ha ha I am pretty sure I don't have an accent but then Dodge and I were talking about it later and it is true in a way cause once we start our doorstep approaches or are in lesson wee turn on our "missionary accents" and talk in a totally different voice! Ha ha crazy! So the other thing, we were knocking doors this week, in the cold and rain, and this guy told us he wasn't interested and that he was a Lutheran for life. SO I walked away after politely bearing my testimony and then I looked at sis Dodge and was like, Lutheran for life, what the heck is that? Then I was all, I am a Mormon for eternity! Beat that! Lol So ya, that was funny!!!!! So ya that's what is going on around here. Lots of awesome good stuff. So ya I will be somewhere else next week, hopefully in Windcrest!!! Alright well I love y'all and hope you have a great week! Talk to ya soon with a new address and y'all can keep sending those awesome letters! ?
Love ya,
Hermana Kleisler
Totally SMILING ALL THE WHILE
1 comment:
When I read what you were saying about Francisco it reminded me of my Husband's conversion story. He had the missionary discussions a long time ago and had committed to be baptized but then before it all went down he cancelled because he didn't feel he had enough support from people in his life at the time to make that kind of a life change. When he and I were first introduced and he found out that I was living in Utah he asked me to see if I could find the phone #'s for his origional missionaries because he remembered that they were from Utah. I couldn't find them, but he saw the missionaries walking down the street and he knew it was the right time in his life to go through with his baptism. So he did the discussions all over again and this time he didn't cancell his baptism! He felt like he had the support that he had been missing the first time. Moral of the story: When we teach sombody it's ok if we plant the seed because we'll help somebody else later who was waiting for the right time in their life to let the seed grow.
Post a Comment