Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Podria haber sido peor (It Could Have Been Worse)‏

Hey Y'all!!

The above comment is what I had to keep telling myself last week! What is worse than a companion who has a random side pain that no one can diagnose? How about a comp with a random side pain no one can diagnose and also virus. What is worse than that? When that said comp gets me sick too!!! Ya so this week sister Moran caught some kind of bug and then passed right along to me! So we spent the ENTIRE week sick!!! It blew! I had a fever of 102 and was throwing up and coughing and it was just miserable!!! We were well taken care of though by our amazing ward. I had people bringing me sprite, applesauce, medicine, dinner and even Krispy Kreme donuts to help us get better! :) It is such a blessing to be in such an amazing ward and the best part is I get to stay!!! Ha ha Ya we got transfer calls last night and the good news is Kleisler stays in San Marcos! I had several members of the ward calling me this morning to find out if I was being transferred or not. They were all very relieved as was I! It is way sweet to have so many good friendships in the ward, it helps the work so much!

So as far as my new companion goes, I don't know who she is yet! I figured I prolly should explain the whole transfer process to y'all cause even if you have served a mish, every mission does it different. So this is what happens here in the TSAM. On Monday night the week of transfers we get "transfer calls" the assistants to the President call every companionship and tell each missionary whether they are staying in their area or whether they are going. So then the next day on P-day if you are going then you pack. Then on Thursday morning there is a Transfer meeting in San Antonio that all the missionaries serving in San Antonio and all the missionaries who are going home, no matter where they are serving in the mish, go to San Antonio for the meeting. At this meeting the missionaries who are leaving bear their testimonies and then the assistants to the president start calling off names and then when they call your area they tell you who the comps are and they run up to the front of the chapel and hug each other (this is particularly funny with the elders!!) and then you join your zone and sit down. Well if you are being transferred up to Austin you don't find out anything until the Austin transfer meeting. Which takes place in the afternoon up in Austin where they also call out the names. Now if you are up in Austin and you are going down to San Antonio then you don't find out who your companion is until later afternoon at the second San Antonio Transfer meeting. So ya there are three different transfer meetings, you usually only go to 1. This week I will be going to 2. I have to go down with Sister Moran to San Antonio and then come back up to Austin to find out who my companion is! So ya hope that isn't too confusing, but that's how transfers work.

Alright well, being sick and all this week we didn't work much at all so there is not much to report. We got burned a couple times yesterday so as of now we have zero progressing investigators and not really any potentials either. Well it is a great place for my new comp and I to start- from ground zero there is only one way to go- UP!!! When the AP's called they did tell me that my new comp and I are going to be little work horses and get along great! I am so excited!! I have an idea of who it's going to be, there only 16 sisters so I know all of them.

Alright well, thanks to y'all for the awesome letters this week- Kilie, C and Adam. And I had a brilliant idea yesterday for a contest!!! I am hear by setting up a "Coolest Envelope Contest" I got a way neat one from c yesterday and it sparked an idea. From Now until the end of the month y'all send me letters with the coolest envelopes you can create and then on March 2nd I will pick the awesomest one! There will be a first prize and a second prize. First prize is a special package sent to you from me! Second prize is a cool Texas merchandise item sent to you. There is also a participation prize- all who enter aka write me, will receive a super awesome letter from Hermana Kleisler!! What could be better than that!!? Ha ha So ya start sending me those letters with super cool envelops. Get creative! There is no limit to the number of envelopes you can submit! The more you send the higher your chances of winning! :) You have until the end of February to Enter the super awesome contest! :)

Ok well I had better go now! Hope y'all have an awesome week and I will tell you next week all about my new companion!! :)

Love ya much,
Hermana Kleisler

No comments: