Hey Y'all!!
We had a busy week, but number wise for some how that did not show. My comp was kinda freaked/disappointed/stressed that our numbers were so low. I just laughed and pulled out my planners from my first and second transfer and said "do you want to see low numbers for real?" Ha ha geez I am so grateful for my transfers with sister Moran! They helped me to really be able to not take things too seriously or get too worked up over things. I am way good at working hard, but using temperance and having fun at the same time! I would not have learned that as quickly had I not had my first two transfers go the way they did.
So anyway news from the week. Well first off we did not have a baptism. Actually quite the opposite, all three of our previously progressing investigators are no longer progressing. Sirenia and Aurelio are getting the drop talk this week and Minerva just keeps being wishy washy so our District Leader has seriously just taken over on that one and is "handling" her right now. So ya they are eternal investigators for now. They will join the church eventually but apparently now is not their time. But hey that didn't get me down (once again, too much experince with this type of stuff to take it too seriously or personally). We do have some new investigators we are working with. One of which Sister Dodge and I have a REALLY good feeling about! She is so elect!!!! Her name is Joy, she and her husband Greg have two kids, Liberty and Elias. They are raising their little family like with all the standards that we have, when sister Dodge and I left their house we were like- woah they are practically mormon! Ha ha SO ya we are way excited about them! It was so crazy cause we went to call them on Saturday to remind them about church (they didn't come, but that's ok- we'll get 'em!) and as we dialed in the number their name showed up! They were already in our phone! CRAZY!!! So we scanned the area book thinking that somehow some missionaries must have taught them, but no, they aren't in the area book anywhere!!! So weird! Ha ha but cool!
Also this week we had Zone Conference! Love it!!! President talked about a lot of different things and one of them was about how our mission is growing, in two more transfers we will have 180 missionaries!! So we are going to be opening up new areas and splitting up into more zones! My zone right now has 22 missionaries which is like the max. So as President was talking about mission sizes and stuff he was saying that the smaller missions have like 65 missionaries and I raised my hand and said my brother in Denmark has like 54 missionaries right now in his mish. My president was like "geez that must be a piece of cake for his mission president! Man what do they have to get like 2 baptisms every month?" lol then he said, just kidding I am sure it's a great mission! Ha ha but that was funny! One of my favorite things that President said at conference was "I don't care if you bring 'em in or bring 'em back!" That was cool to hear especially cause we have a bunch of less actives we've been working with! We only had one investigator at church (Minerva) but we had 5 less active families that we've been working with show up!!! That was way sweet!
So also this week we had the Kyle Stake Young Women's Basketball Tournament and the San Marcos ward took Second Place!! My girls did great! I for sure think they would be first place for sportsmanship!!! They didn't play dirty or anything and they had fun! It was awesome! But now that its over I am so sad cause I won't get to spend Tuesday nights with my girls anymore! But hey it's all good I see them at church and they text our phone sometimes! I love those girls!!!
So I bore my testimony yesterday (we had fast Sunday this week cause we have stake conference next week) and I told the ward how much I love them and how a lot of missionaries say it's going to be hard to leave their area cause of their investigators but I am gonna have the hardest time leaving cause I don't want to leave all of MY members!!! I love those guys and they have strengthened my testimony so much! I make sure I tell them that all the time! :)
Ok well in other news I am doing well and Sister Dodge and I continue to compromise and figure things out. We have interviews with President this week and I will be telling him that I want to stay here in San Marcos with Sister Dodge next transfer. It does'nt mean it's going to happen but there is a good chance that it will. So ya things are a going in San Marcos, I bought a guitar last week and one of the members from the ward is coming over once a week during our lunch time and helping me learn to play. I want to play primary songs on the guitar and that way Sister Dodge can sing and I can play. Cause right now Sister Dodge will sing at lessons (She sings really well and it really brings the spirit) and I just sit there and watch! Ha ha so at night time before bed I am practicing guitar! Fun!! Right now I don't have my guitar it is at a member in the ward's house. He is gonna pimp it out for me!! He is a graphic designer so he is gonna come up with a way sweet mission/Texas design for me and print it out on vinyl and put it on my guitar!! I am so hooked up here in the San Marcos ward! :)
Alright well thanks to Gma Betty for her V-day card and C for her V-day card and also letter. Thanks to Adam for your letter and super cool envelope!! Keep on writing y'all! This is the last week for the envelope contest!!! I will announce the winners next email!
Love Y'all
Hermana Kleisler
SMILING ALL THE WHILE
PS- I come home in less than a year!!! Crazy! I have already passed my six month mark!
No comments:
Post a Comment