Traditionally my family always sets up our Christmas stuff the weekend after Thanksgiving. I am VERY big on traditions and I am really trying to make this the best Christmas ever since it is my last at home for two years. We had a good time getting out all of our decorations last Saturday and my mom, dad and I had our house transformed inside and out into a Winter Wonderland in just one afternoon. I love this time of year and I was very insistent that my grandparents also get ALL of their Christmas things up this year. I especially wanted my grandma to put up her Christmas village. She hand painted several buildings and people years ago and puts it up only sometimes for Christmas. So this year I went over to help her set it up and was in awe as I inspected her handiwork, my Grandma fascinates me each and every day as I learn something else about her. I am so thankful for my family and I am thrilled to be able to spend this wonderful time of year with them!
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Christmas time is here!!!
Traditionally my family always sets up our Christmas stuff the weekend after Thanksgiving. I am VERY big on traditions and I am really trying to make this the best Christmas ever since it is my last at home for two years. We had a good time getting out all of our decorations last Saturday and my mom, dad and I had our house transformed inside and out into a Winter Wonderland in just one afternoon. I love this time of year and I was very insistent that my grandparents also get ALL of their Christmas things up this year. I especially wanted my grandma to put up her Christmas village. She hand painted several buildings and people years ago and puts it up only sometimes for Christmas. So this year I went over to help her set it up and was in awe as I inspected her handiwork, my Grandma fascinates me each and every day as I learn something else about her. I am so thankful for my family and I am thrilled to be able to spend this wonderful time of year with them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment