

Next is well, Texas. There are dogs in every home and they seem to sense the fact that I don't like them, so they jump on me. Sister Johnson snapped this pic as we were teaching a lesson and this big ole dog was determined to sit in my lap. I wasn't too pleased but I have to be polite and pretend that I like them. Oh life as a missionary. ha ha!

So I was walking through some grass to take a picture with this John Deere tractor and unbeknownst to me there were tons of annoying sticker grass blades just waiting to attack me!!! I hate those stupid things, they are everywhere here and they get me constantly! The most annoying thing is that they REALLY hurt, it's like a paper cut, it's a small prick but it stings! So ya that was not a fun experience. But we got to have a good companion bonding experience as we used some team work to de-sticker my legs! I call these little things- burrs, and I believe that Satan created them! lol


Me aboard my chariot- John Deere Tractor!!!

My permanent grin for the week- all cause Clarissa is gonna be baptized!
1 comment:
I don't like dogs either (and I'm allergic to them on top of it all!) and I had the same kind of stuff happen to me when I was a missionary. It's so hard to be all nice to dogs and pet them and act like you love them when you are trying to teach somebody and you don't wanna offend them cuz their dog is like a member of their family! There was this one lady we were teaching named Desiree Wolfe and she was a single lady who had a whole lot of animals for children. I really liked Desiree, but animals not so much! I had to force myself to play with all of them, and to ask her how they were doing when we called her, or stop by. I would even ask her how her animals were doing years later when I would write letters to her after I came home. Oh the things we do for the lord!
Post a Comment