Howdy Y'all!
So first off, I hope I didn't scare y'all last week, everyone wrote me kinda concerned. Ha ha don't worry about me! I am fine!! I am learning and growing. These trials stretch me and make me better all the while! I truly have learned a lot these past two transfers, I actually made a list of blessings I have received through the trials these past few months and the list is a pretty darn good one! I am so grateful for y'alls love and support! Thanks to mom and dad for the boxof awesomeness!!!!! Thanks gma for the custom jewelry. Thanks C, Adam, Lindsey Layton (that is so weird to type, lol) and Elder Yarrington for the letters!! :)
So as for this week we did get to work a decent amount. We spent some time at the apartment but it wasn't too bad. While we were out working this week we had some fun/cool/weird/exciting experiences. We always get a mix! lol So first off our investigators Sirenia and Aurelio, well they aren't so much progressing right now, they are kinda in a stand still, we have taught them pretty much everything, only a few more little things left, but they are not sure now if they are moving to Mexico or what and so they don't want to get married right now. That kind fo makes everything else not possible. They also have not been able to come to church again with work and stuff. So ya, they are not dropped as of now, but they are not progressing. We will see what happens. The cool thing is Aurelio was telling us how much he loves what we are teaching him and that he knows it is true and he has so much peace in his life now. He said he knows the Book of Mormon is true. Then sweet little Sirenia (she is seriously tiny, like 4 foot something) is always embarrassed to say the prayer but she will do it and the other night she said a beautiful prayer thanking heavenly father for sending these two angels to come and teach them and help them learn and grow. It was way cool!!! It was almost too sweet to be true so when we left their apartment I turned to sister Moran and checked to make sure I translated the Spanish right! ha ha Ya so they are way awesome and even though they might not join the church right now they will some day and their lives have changed so much! It is so neat to see the changes that have taken place in them!!! On to other things, we got a new investigator who is way SWEET! The Elders in Kyle (city to the north of us that is also in our district) met this guy who lives here in San Marcos but was up in Kyle doing something adn anyway they got to talking and this guy, derrick, is way interested in learning more. His brother joined the church when he was a senior in high school and he went on a mission and so now he's back and lives in Idaho and has been e-mailing Derrick about the church. We taught Derrick last week adn have another apt tomorrow with him! He is way cool!!!! So ya, that's exciting! Hey so Kev I have similar experiences to your being burned with a member present all the time. This week though the members felt bad for us and took us to get smoothies- sweet! :) So a funny thing that happened this week- we were out in down town SAN Marcos trying to find people on the streets to talk to cause we have to talk to at least 10 people on the street every day outside of our knocking time. So anyway downtown is the only place where people are usually on the streets. Well as we were walking around someone yelled at us "HEY GIRLS COME HERE!" So we turned around and there was a guy motioning for us to coem towards him. Well we looked around and there was a lot of people around so we figured it would be ok to go closer. SO we did and he told us he had found our website and sent for some missionaries to come but he lives up in Austin and they haven't come yet. Well we asked him if he had any questions we could answer for him. He said yes, I'd love to talk but I am meeting some friends at Valentino's (Pizza place across the street) why don't you come with. Hna MORAN and I exchanged glances and decided to go with him. SO we went and his two buds had already started on a pitcher of beer and he joined them and we sat and talked about the gospel as they drank. It sure was an interesting teaching experience!!! But anyway things are good here in Texas! Transfers are next Thursday!!! I am pretty positive I will be staying here and getting a new companion. I am excited!!! So ya our p-day is on Tuesday when it's transfer week, so y'all here from me then! Until then, have a great week!!
Lov Y'all!
Hermana Kleisler
SMILING ALL THE WHILE
No comments:
Post a Comment